It is important to know:
· The “public charge” test does not apply to everyone.
· There is no “public charge” test for green card holders who apply for citizenship.
· Free legal help is available. Call ActionNYC at 1-800-354-0365 and say “public charge.”
· The public charge rule does not change eligibility requirements for public benefits.
· The City’s litigation against the “public charge” rule is not over.
APNA Brooklyn Community Center was founded in 2017 in Brighton Beach to build bridges through community engagement, education, and empowerment. Since its founding, APNA has jumped right into projects to meet the needs of local residents, especially those who are low-income, older, and/or have limited English proficiency.