APNA Community Center, a not for profit is looking for a reliable Finance Manager who will oversee all federal/state/City and private grants compliance requirements, recommend financial and accounting policies, operational/administrative revenue and expenses accounting, tracking and approval, supervise audit, perform analysis, review variances, and prepare budgets.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer/Chairman
- Responsible for organization’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Grant Management – preparation of billing/vouchering/invoicing for all grants/contracts; ensure compliance with all government requirements.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Analyze revenue, expense and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans. • Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances. • Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Develop and implement appropriate financial internal controls and procedures. • Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained. • Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions, including proper filing of federal and state tax returns.
- Maintain and retain financial records for compliance, recordkeeping, archiving and facilitation of monthly and quarterly reporting and budget tracking
- Manage and administer office vendor and consultant contracts and relationships
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Other tasks as assigned by Fiscal Manager and CEO.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. 3+ years of experience innonprofit sector is a plus.
- Proven experience in day-to-day nonprofit accounting/finance.
- Experience working effectively across all teams within an organization.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and analytical; clear communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent judgement and a high level of professionalism and discretion, especially in handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
This is a full-time position 40 hours per week, salary range is $25 – $30 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Email your Resume at email@example.com