Job Title: Part-Time Food Pantry Coordinator
Reports To: Food Pantry Manager
- Responsible for strengthening the food distribution process and securing additional sources of food and supplies to address food insecurity in Brooklyn, NY.
- Manage volunteers and recruit new ones to help with SNAP, Cash Assistance, Health Insurance, and other public benefits outreach.
- Assist in implementing Plentiful, a food pantry software that is both functional and efficient.
- Obtaining pantry software training and assisting other pantry staff/volunteers in using the software for weekly client check-ins.
- Prepare the monthly individual served report.
- Finding additional funding sources, in-kind donations, and organizing grant applications with the Fund Development Coordinator and CEO
- Organize pantry distribution events and invite possible partners/donors to attend, as well as community outreach.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree, currently enrolled student, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with food pantries or in the social service sector is a plus.
- Prior case management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a team.
- Excellent communication abilities (written, verbal, and telephonic).
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and data entry skills are required.
- Multilingualism is appreciated (Spanish, Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin or Cantonese, Russian)
To be discussed, as per the qualification and prior job experience.