Job Title: Social Media and Marketing Intern
Reports To: Communications Manager
- Assist with the management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) as well as the editorial calendar to ensure timely, relevant, and
- Content development for weekly/monthly e-newsletters/email campaigns.
- Prepare weekly reports and updates to track campaign progress and success rates.
- Keep up with new social media trends and adjust as needed.
- Ensure that suitable messaging is being sent out via the internet.
- As needed, assist with website copywriting, proofreading, and updating.
- Manage daily/weekly social media posts and create engaging content/videos about different programs/events during the internship period.
- Content development for new social media and email campaigns.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A currently enrolled student undergraduate in the liberal arts or equivalent work experience
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional ability to manage details.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively; both independently and as part of a team.
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, social media (Instagram/Facebook/ Twitter).
- Prior experience of content writing, SEO and social media management is a plus.
- Multilingualism is appreciated (Spanish, Urdu, Hindi, Mandarin or Cantonese, Russian)
This is a part-time, 25-30 hours per week, salary range is $15 per hour.